What Damages Can Wildfires Cause?
Wildfires, brush fires and forest fires are all names for what is essentially the same thing. They have been around for thousands of years, but with climate change and human activity, they are becoming more common. In this article we will discuss the damages that wildfires can cause and how to prevent them from happening in your area.
Wildfire Damage to Your Home
In addition to the obvious risks of physical damage, wildfires can also cause structural damage to your home and emotional stress.
Wildfires can cause structural damage in a number of ways:
- Smoke or heat damage to your home that may require repairs and rebuilding.
- Water damage can occur when firefighting efforts use water from nearby sources (such as ponds, streams or lakes) to fight fires. Water used by firefighters could seep into cracks in the foundation or cause leaks aboveground like ceilings and walls which will need repairing.
Structural repairs are costly and time-consuming—and they're not limited just to homes; businesses may suffer significant losses too!
Protecting Your Home
Wildfire smoke can affect your home's indoor air quality. Smoke can cause damage to the structure of your home or cause a fire to start inside if it is exposed to heat and flames.
The best way to protect your home from wildfire damage is prevention. To protect against smoke and wildfire damage do the following:
- Keep your windows and doors closed.
- Make sure that the roof vents are clean, so they function properly when they need to.
- If possible, cover or remove items that may catch fire (trees near the house, gas meters, etc.).
- Install weather-stripping on windows and doors if you haven't already done so; this will help prevent air from leaking into your house during high winds or storms where there are wildfires nearby!
Wildfires can cause a lot of damage, including property and forest fires. They also have the potential to spread rapidly and affect other parts of the country. Wildfires are unpredictable, so it's important that we take steps now before they get out of control in your area.
Call SERVPRO of South Garland!
If you are in the area of a wildfire and need help, SERVPRO can help. We have qualified professionals on staff who will assess your situation and provide you with the necessary tools to get your home back to preloss condition.
Our team will assess the damage, remove debris and damaged materials, decontaminate affected areas, and perform other tasks necessary to restore your property as quickly as possible. We know this is not an easy time for you, but we're here for you every step of the way!
When a wildfire has caused damage to your Garland, TX home or business, the last thing you want to do is try to deal with it on your own. A professional company like SERVPRO of South Garland will respond quickly and assess the damages at no cost to you. We are experts in restoration and repair and can take care of any tasks necessary to get your property back up and running as best as possible.